What we’ll cover
During this full day hands-on course, you will learn how to paint and reupholster a drop-in seat style chair which you can take home with you at the end of the day.
We will provide a chair for you to work on and you can choose your favourite fabric from our beautiful selection as part of our Chair Makeover Workshop.
As well as trying your hand at some simple traditional upholstery techniques, you will also learn how to use chalk paint, selecting your favourite colour from our range to apply to your project.
We will then explore all the options for finishing and protecting your chair and offer several examples of creative and decorative techniques you may wish to use.
Your chair, fabric and all other tools, paint and materials will be available and provided as part of the course.
Need to know
If you have a chair or fabric that you would prefer to use, please contact us so we can assess its suitability. We will adjust the price of the workshop accordingly.
When and where
The Chair Makeover workshop will run from 10am to 4pm at the Little Gems Creative Centre at Bakers Hall, Mount Bures, CO8 5DJ.
It’s easy to access from Suffolk and Essex and just a 20-minute drive from both Sudbury and Colchester.
How much does it cost?
The cost of this full day workshop is £145 per person and includes all the materials you will need including the chair and fabric as well as refreshments.
- The workshop that runs from 10am to 4pm
- Refreshments throughout the day - we suggest you bring a packed lunch
- Apron and protective wear as needed
- Tools, paint and other basic hardware accessories (specific requirements should be discussed prior to the course and may be able to be provided at small additional cost)
- Free parking
- 10% off Annie Sloan and Redesign with Prima creative products purchased on the day.